Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Numéro Deux

Oh man, who didn't love Tuesday? I totally spent the most time ever in my life in front of the television, well I wasn't necessarily in front of the television the entire time, but today was perhaps the longest time period our TV has been on continuously. The reason? The Most Bad Ass swearing in of a President EVER. I watched everything from the arrivals, to the official Inauguration, to Barack and company saying "Peace!" to W, to the luncheon, to the parade. Ridiculous I know, but I just couldn't get enough of seeing President Obama in action.


So to stay in the spirit of my last blog, here are some recent events that gave me joy:


On MLK Jr Day - a day that I have I tried to make a day of service, my roommate Anna and I volunteered with a group of mostly older women making baby blankets and baby bunting for a non-profit called Westside Baby. Last year, Anna and I planted trees with the Friends of the Cedar River Watershed and since we are super hard workers, we ended up doing most of the work and planted enough trees to meet our quota for a few years. This year we wanted to do something more people-oriented and the 5 hours we spent baby-blanketing totally met our demands. It could have been more awesome if we got to wrap babies up in the blankies, but I guess I can survive without it.







































Obviously, Tuesday, January 20th gave us all a TREMENDOUS amount of joy. Here are some of my favorite shots of President Barack Obama, our fabulous First Lady, Michelle, Malia, Sasha, and someone leaving:





























Bye Bye Bush!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Yes, please!

Betsy's shared items

Followers